Penne with sun-dried tomato cream sauce and pasta alfredo CAN be made without dairy. Chloe shoes you how in her book, Chloe’s Vegan Italian Kitchen.
About the Book
Popular vegan chef and winner of the Food Network’s Cupcake Wars Chloe Coscarelli digs into her Italian roots to create more than 150 recipes inspired by the most popular cuisine in the world.
My Overall Impression
This book takes me back to childhood, but as if I’m seeing it through a vegan version. I used to eat lots of dairy-laden pasta dishes, and this book shows how to make those beloved creamy pasta sauces with all vegan ingredients like nuts.
What Sets This Book Apart
These recipes are all relatively easy to make and contain familiar ingredients that you can find in most grocery stores.
Recipe Difficulty Level
Focus/Main Types of Dishes
This book focuses on comforting Italian dishes like pasta, pesto, pizza and risotto.
This Butternut Squash Pecan Ravioli recipe on Chef Chloe’s website is very similar to the Butternut Ravioli with Brown Sugar and Crispy Sage recipe on page 142 of her book.
A Few Recipes I Bookmarked
Here are some recipes you can find in this book:
- Italian Quesadillas (pg 18)
- Broccoli Rabe With Garlicky Bread Bites (pg 49)
- Butternut Squash, Caramelized Onion and Apple Pizza (pg89)
- Avocado and Sun-Dried Tomato Panini (pg 108)
- Bowties in Garlic Cream Sauce (pg 121)
- Penne with Sun-Dried Tomato Cream Sauce (pg 124)
- Potato Gnocchi in Herb-Garlic Sauce (pg 140)
- Butternut Ravioli With Brown Sugar and Crispy Sage (pg 142)
- Pumpkin Risotto (pg 169)
- Rosemary Lentils with Roasted Tomatoes and Garlicky Broccolini (pg 171)
Who Should Read This Book
This cookbook is good for Italian food lovers who can’t believe you can have a dairy-free dish that’s just as creamy and delicious and the original!
From the Publisher
The publisher of the book says, “With fresh vegan takes on classic Italian cuisine illustrated by gorgeous full-color photographs throughout, and her bright and lively personality on every page, Chloe takes you on a delectable trip to Italy—one you’ll want to go on again and again! Buon appetito!”
This Pink Sauce recipe on Chef Chloe’s website is very similar to the Pasta in Pink Sauce recipe on page 136 of her book.