For those who want a healthy, alternative way to fuel up for the day without the jolt or crash of typical energy drinks, there’s a new product on the market to try called Älsa.
Älsa is premium energy drink mix that delivers a measured, sustained energy boost via PURENERGY® plus the mental clarity benefits of Cognizin® citicoline. It is available in three all-natural flavors — dragon fruit, pomegranate blueberry, and three citrus.
This energy drink mix is vegan, gluten-free and contains 30 calories per serving. Älsa is naturally sweetened with fructose and stevia extract and has no artificial flavors, colors or preservatives. Also, this product will not give you the jolt and crash of typical energy drinks. These are all big plus points in my book!
As coffee’s #1 fan, I am always skeptical of energy drinks simply because I’ve never liked or wanted to drink them. Coffee sufficed, and I hated the feeling of energy drinks, especially the crash. However, I was pleasantly surprised when I drank my Älsa powder. I received a nice burst of energy that did not leave me feeling shaky or “tweaky” like I can sometimes feel after drinking coffee. One packet of Älsa contains 100mg of caffeine, which is comparable to half a cup of the leading premium coffee.
Here’s what’s inside (descriptions via Älsa)
· Cognizin (250 mg), a patented, branded form of citicoline, a natural substance vital to brain health and found in every cell of the body. Cognizin is clinically tested to provide sustained mental energy, enhanced focus, and healthy memory function.
· PURENERGY (100 mg), an innovative, patented ingredient that combines caffeine and pTeroPure® pterostilbene for efficient, sustained energy that will last from mid-morning to mid-afternoon without an unpleasant jolt or sudden drop.
· pTeroPure pterostilbene (57 mg), a patented, nature-identical form of trans-pterostilbene, which shares the strong antioxidant values of resveratrol but is 60% more effective and bioavailable. Helps maintain normal blood pressure and blood sugar levels and may enhance cognitive function.
· Caffeine (100 mg – about the same as in a cup of coffee) from three sources: white tea extract, yerba maté extract, and PURENERGY.
· 14 essential vitamins and minerals, including Vitamins C, B6, and B12, as well as the amino acids L-Carnitine and Taurine, and Ginkgo Biloba.
Aside from mixing the powder with water, you can also make tasty drinks with it, like this Pomegranate Blueberry Lemonade. You can find the recipe on the Älsa website.
Have you ever tried Älsa or would you try it? I’m curious to hear your thoughts!
Note: I received free samples of Älsa enery drink mix for this review.
Check out my other product reviews here.