The new Star Wars movie has arrived, and I’ve got an adorable recipe from ALOHA to celebrate! Plus, if you’re still looking for some awesome Christmas or holiday gifts, I’ve listed a few of my favorite ALOHA items that are great for conscious eaters, health nuts, vegans, vegetarians, chocolate addicts, tea drinkers, yogis, travelers and gym buffs.
DIY ALOHA Star Wars Protein Bars
To celebrate the release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, the team at ALOHA in NYC decorated their protein bars to look like Chewbacca! Aren’t they freakin’ adorable? Love love love! Get the recipe here and see it pasted below. If you want to purchase the ALOHA items to make this recipe, enjoy 20% off by entering the code LAZYVEGAN at checkout!
Recipe From ALOHA — Makes 1 Chewbacca Protein Bar
1 tablespoon yogurt of choice (Lazy Girl Vegan’s Note — make it a dairy-free yogurt for an all-vegan recipe!)
1. Melt the ALOHA Chocolate, saving one section for Chewbacca’s “Bandolier.”
2. Spread 3/4 of the melted chocolate on the bar.
3. Add 1/2 tablespoon of yogurt to the remaining 1/4 melted chocolate—mix it to create a light brown chocolate for Chewbacca’s face and hair accents.
4. Use a knife or a spoon to drop a quarter-sized light brown circle at either end of the bar—this will be Chewbacca’s face.
5. Use a toothpick to draw some wisps out of Chewbacca’s face, for his hair accents.
6. Then, take a plastic sandwich bag and cut a tiny hole at one of the bottom edges. Place the other 1/2 tablespoon of yogurt into the bag. Lightly squeeze the yogurt out of the opening to draw eyes and teeth.
7. Repeat on the chocolate slice that you set aside for Chewbacca’s “Bandolier“—create small horizontal lines. Repeat on the other side of the plastic bag with a little chocolate for Chewbacca’s pupil accents. Place the “Bandolier” across Chewbacca, from shoulder to hip.
8. Give Chewbacca a piece of chocolate for his nose. And you have yourself a delicious Wookiee warrior!
Photo Credit: ALOHA
Still Looking for Some Holiday Gifts? Say ALOHA To These Great Ideas
Still need a Christmas present, holiday gift or some stocking stuffers? Here are some of my favorite ideas from ALOHA! You can take 20% any of these items by entering the code LAZYVEGAN at checkout.
Ultimate Tea Kit
Superfood Smoothie Kit
ALOHA Protein and Daily Good Greens whole-food powders join forces in the Superfood Smoothie Kit.
Have you tried ALOHA products? Which are your favorites?