This hearty vegan protein bowl recipe by Cali Miles is plant based, dairy free and gluten free.
Miles says, “I love to get creative in the kitchen and make beautiful and nutritious meals and you can too! I love rice bowls because you can really throw in whatever you’ve got in the fridge in a bowl and voila, A Vegan Masterpiece! This hearty vegan rice bowl is one of my favorites because it’s so delicious and packed with protein. Plus, it’s super easy to make!
Recipe — Hearty Vegan Protein Bowl
- 1 cup uncooked Jasmine Rice
- ½ tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 4 cups chopped kale
- ½ cup soy chorizo
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- Salt to taste
- ⅓ cup Red Beet and cabbage kraut
- Black Pepper to taste
- ½ an avocado sliced
- Vegan ranch dressing
- Add ¼ tbsp sunflower oil to pot on high heat.
- Add 1 cup uncooked jasmine rice.
- Stir rice for 1 minute until oil is covering rice and pan.
- Add 2 ½ cups of filtered water to pot and cover.
- Boil on Medium heat and lower heat to low until water is evaporated. Stirring occasionally to make sure rice does not stick to pot.
- Remove rice from heat and place ½ cup rice in each bowl.
- Add oil and garlic to pan on medium heat
- Add kale and saute lightly.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and add kale to bowl.
- Add soy chorizo to pan, warm it up and add it to bowl.
- Add spoonful of red beet cabbage to bowl.
- Slice Avocado and add on top.
- Drizzle vegan ranch over.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro
Don’t be afraid to experiment and have fun with it! Remember, you don’t always have to stick to the recipe, just pick a grain, a protein, veggies, and your favorite dressing and create your own!
Tip: Pair with Tortilla Chips and Guacamole!